Have you served in our nation’s armed forces? You may qualify for a special government-backed loan called a VA mortgage. With this type of home loan, you can purchase a home in Florida with zero down.
What is a VA Loan?
You fought for the American dream, and now it is time for you to live it. With a VA mortgage, you can buy your own home easily and affordably.
A VA home loan is a mortgage with backing from the US Department of Veterans Affairs.
By backing your loan, the VA reduces the risk your lender assumes in providing you with the financing you need to buy a home.
That means that you do not need a perfect credit score or debt-to-income ratio to qualify. You also get to enjoy additional great benefits.
What are the Benefits of a VA Mortgage in Florida?
With a VA home loan, you can:
- Buy a home in Florida with no down payment.
- Lock in competitive interest rates.
- Skip paying for mortgage insurance, even without putting money down.
- Avoid high closing costs.
- Refinance without an appraisal if discount points are not charged.
If you are an eligible disabled veteran, the funding fee may be waived.
Who Qualifies for a FL VA Loan?
You may qualify for the benefits of a VA mortgage if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a veteran, active-duty service member, or eligible surviving spouse.
- You have served in any branch of the military.
- You meet the minimum service requirements for your era of duty.
- You are shopping for a primary residence.
- Your credit score, DTI ratio, and income all qualify you for a mortgage.
- You have a Certificate of Eligibility (COE).
Not sure how to obtain your COE? We can get it for you to save you the time when you apply with us for a VA loan.
We also can find out the minimum service requirement you need to be eligible based on when you were active.
In most cases, 90 days of active duty wartime service or 181 days of continuous active duty peacetime service meet the requirement.
Apply For a VA Loan in Florida Now
Have more questions about VA mortgages? America’s Mortgage Solutions has answers. We also can help you to start the application process immediately if you are ready to move into a FL home with zero down. Please call (561) 316-6800 to schedule your consultation.